How to fix corrupted .pst (outlook data file) for Microsoft Outlook?
In some rare circumstance, you may be unable to open your datafile (inbox) in Outlook (It happens from the corruption of .pst file. So it can happen to any profile) and Outlook error message indicated a corruption in your .pst file.
To resolve this issue, you need to run Inbox Repair tool in Outlook as mentioned in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227.
To run this tool, follow below steps:
- Click Start, and then point to Find or to Search, depending upon your operating system.
- In the Search for files or folders named box, type scanpst.exe (It is installed with outlook installation)
- Double click the Scanpst.exe file to open the Inbox Repair Tool.
- Type the path and the file name of the personal folders (.pst) file or click Browse to locate the file by using the Windows file system.
- Click Start to repair the damaged .pst file.